Monday, December 6, 2010

Recycle & Remake

This weekend I was telling a customer about how a necklace came to be - it started out as something much different that a friend gave me. My friend had asked me to make her a bracelet out of a necklace that she never wore and then keep the left overs. I have done this several times. It is fun! Here are a few examples.

This plain strand of amber became.....
earrings, and
with the addition of my customers turquoise chunks, a gorgeous choker, and
 
a bracelet, and 

a choker accented by chocolate jasper with a handcrafted clasp.


A strand of rose quartz and a strand of rich red bead became an assortment of bracelets.

A strand of hand carved bone beads became a lariat with yellow chalcedony, earrings and a jasper bracelet. 

This magnesite necklace became.....
earrings, a bracelet and two necklaces combining magnesite, bronze pearls, copper and magic jasper.

No comments: