Monday, July 13, 2009

Everyday, affordable,and fun

Friday I attended a Business of Beads class - all about selling your jewelry. The instructor said that even with the recession, folks still want to adorn themselves and buy things. So one of the most important things you can do is to take a good look at your price points.

Beadware fits right into this trend. When I created Beadware I wanted to design and sell jewelry that my friends could afford to buy and would enjoy wearing. That led to Beadware's company motto: "everyday, affordable,and fun". I strive to keep my prices reasonable while using quality components. You will find most everything is less than $50.

I buy items in bulk for discounts or on sale. I often make limited editions, which means I make several of each item, although usually I change a small detail on each one. You will find many one of a kind designs too. I use a formula to determine price which takes into consideration my time, overhead and cost of materials. I design and print my postcards and tags on my home computer and printer. And you thought all I did was bead!

No comments: