Monday, June 28, 2010

Looking for a better magnet

For my glass garden bracelets I use a simple but strong magnet clasp. In the past I have tested it by wearing the bracelets myself and the magnet appeared to be strong enough. But recently I am questioning that. This weekend as folks were trying these bracelets on sometimes the claps came apart. It is the same magnet - but perhaps the manufacturer has changed it, or I am using more beads and creating a heavier bracelet, or do they wear out with use, or heat, or...??

If you have one of my glass gardens I'd love to hear from you about how it has held up. If you also make jewelry and have found a magnet you like, I'd love to hear from you. I will continue to search and if I find a stronger one I will replace the ones I am now using. This includes a bracelet you may already have purchased from me.

No comments: