Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Treasure

After a very disappointing trip to the Puget Sound Bead Festival in Tacoma on Sunday (I did not spend a cent!) I decided to practice what I preach and shop local. Today I stopped into Echo Artworks in Bremerton to stock up on fall (ie: green and brown) seed beads and some stones. Echo Artworks is a small shop chock full of beady treasures. Owner Beth Shea and her staff are ready to help you find exactly what you are looking for.

 These small gemstones will be used to make more of my new gemstone bracelets (top center). Going counter clockwise from the left corner are assorted faceted gemstones, amethyst, moss agate, labradorite, garnet, ocean jasper, more garnet and moonstones.
 Oh my these are gorgeous!! I saw these the last time I was in the shop and promised myself I would get some the next time I stopped in. These beauties are snakeskin jasper and will make some amazing pendants.
 I used up many of the seed beads I bought last time I was in the shop. Luckily there were still some of the same colors left so I got all the rest!
And my main reason for stopping today was to stock up on fall color seed beads. I am already using some in some owyhee jasper necklaces that are laid out on my workbench. Pictures of all my new creations will be posted in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

No comments: