Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Glass Gardens


My MN customers may remember these. For a new look I have added a second layer of fringe. These use pressed glass beads in the shape of leaves, flowers and butterflies. For sparkle I added Czech crystals. The clasp is a magnet!

It took me a few tries as it has been a while since I made these. Making the fringe is more like sewing than beading. I use more than 144 inches of thread at one time. It is a real challenge to keep it from getting tangled, especially when I work on the second row of fringe. This work requires a lot of patience!

Being a very 3 dimensional design the picture does not do them justice. Next I plan to make some in purple, then blue using moons and stars, then a fun bright colored variety. I am still working out the price on these. If you are in WA and make it to the sale next month you can try these very fun bracelets on and pick out your favorite.

All have been SOLD.

No comments: