Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Repair, Remake, Match

I often get forlorn packages in the mail with parts and orphans, sometimes my designs, sometimes not. I also get requests to make something to match a piece a customer already has. Recent projects included:

I repaired a broken bracelet that I had given a friend of mine. It was a very old design and I have upgraded materials since I made this one. I now use wire that is 49 strands - that means it is very strong and flexible and will not break (under normal wear) or kink.


Another friend wanted earrings to match a necklace she had purchased from me previously. Luckily I still had some of the same color beads. I gave her 3 options to choose from. 
 
The necklace to match.



 
I like the center one best, but we will see which she chooses.



I had to cannibalize a bracelet of my own for parts for an order. I finally had a chance to remake it. This is a real oldie - but I love turquoise. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend picked the pair in the center with the silver ring. I liked that one best. I will have to make some others based on this design - ideas, ideas, ideas.....