Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stone Trivia

This morning I was updating some of the interesting information I have collected on the various stones I use in my jewelry. When I list things in my online store I refer to this as "stone trivia" and put a note that the information is provided for curiosity only and is in no way meant to be medical advice. That holds true here, I am only sharing it because I find it interesting and fun. 

I have a number of agate necklaces in my shop.  Agate is the birthstone for Taurus, April 20 - May 20. As a healing stone it cools, reduces fever, quenches thirst, and is beneficial to the stomach area. It quiets the pulse and heart throbs and insures good health and a long and prosperous life. Mystically it guards against danger. it grounds, centers and balances you. And it helps you become temperate, continent and cautious. It helps you see yourself more clearly and helps you view the world with a broader view point. It can also cure insomnia and insure pleasant dreams. 


  Another stone I use often is Jasper. Jasper brings joy to your life. For healing properties it is believed to strengthen the stomach and cure gynecological problems. Mystically is is said to bring you what you need, help you sleep soundly and increase you ability to feel joy. It stabilizes and balances you. It is also thought to drive away evil spirits. 

Green jasper brings on rain and restores your sens of smell while red jasper stops bleeding, helps you breathe easier and aids in childbirth.

For more fun trivia take a look at listings for turquoise and for amethyst. Any item in my store with stones or pearls will include this information.


No comments: