Friday, August 22, 2014

View from my Tent - Original Sin Jewelry

 



When I was at the Taste of Couer d'Alene I had the funnest neighbors! That makes such a big difference in the enjoyment of doing a show. Across the isle from me was Margaret Aden and her Original Sin Jewelry.


Many of her designs twine fine gauge wire using a centuries old basket weaving technique into delicate and structured jewelry.  This is how Maraget describes her technique:

"The technique I use is an adapted basket weaving technique.  Instead of using fiber, I use metal which has been drawn into gossamar threads and then woven and twined, free form and using my ten digits with an occasional hand tool. I pursue structure and texture using non-traditional settings to show off bumpy, sparkly, crunchy focals.  I’m known for incorporating skeleton keys into my jewelry and other vintage objects.  I don’t find them– I hunt for them." 


Visit her Facebook page to view many examples of her gorgeous work.
And if you happen to be in the Tuscon area you might want to sign up for one her classes at her new studio space.

No comments: